Sweet Grilled Beef Short Ribs
With Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle
Makes about 4-6 servings
Short ribs are well known in the Korean community, and these are a take off the Kalbi-style. The cut, known as "flanken," which refers to a strip of beef cut across the bone from the chuck end of the short ribs. The result is a thin strip of meat, about 8-10 inches in length. The thin slices make for a quick cooking time on the grill.
- 5 pounds Korean style beef short ribs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup mirin (rice wine)
- ½ small onion, peeled and finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thin sliced on a bias
Directions (Step by Step)
- Coat ribs with brown sugar and Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes while preparing marinade.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Place beef in a plastic ziploc bag or two, add marinade and press out air and seal. Knead gently and disperse the marinade around all the meat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill (charcoal or gas) to medium hot, around 450-500 degrees.
- Drain off excess marinade and grill, turning once, to desired doneness. This will be about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve as whole pieces or cut into smaller pieces.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.