Zaucy Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
With Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle
Makes 12 muffins
“Cornbread” is a term used for a number of quick breads containing cornmeal and usually leavened with baking powder. Popular in southern cooking, cornbread is enjoyed by many people for its texture and aroma. Our version has quite a “kick” but that is what we love about it! Enjoy!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free blend)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or 2 teaspoons Willards Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle
- ½ cup mild chopped can green chiles
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 cup muffin tin and paper muffin cups
Directions (Step by Step)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Into a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt (or Willard’s Kitchen All Purpose Seasoning).
- In another bowl, whisk together the whole milk, eggs, butter, green chiles, and Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. No need to whisk. A few lumps in the batter is expected.
- Place muffin paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin. Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers and top with a little cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Drizzle with more Zauce Original Pizza Drizzle for an extra kick. (optional)